Fortnite: Season Two
Player - The individual that is competing in the Community Esports League.
Game - A single DUOS Fortnite Game played to completion.
Match - Two (2) Games are considered a Match.
Game Day - The Monday and Wednesday dedicated to playing in the Community Esports League.
League Officials - Representatives of the Community Esports League.
Four Week Season
- Players battle to gain the most points through eliminations.
- Players will face off against one opponent per Game Day.
- Players will play two Games against their opponent, trying to accumulate the highest amount of points via eliminations.
- See section 16 for clarification on scoring.
- Two Game Days a week.
- Mondays and Wednesdays.
- If Players that have the same score at the end of the regular season, the Player that had the most kills in a single game will win the tiebreaker.
- If scores are still tied, League Officials will administer a coin flip to determine the advancing Player.
- Player’s total scores at the end of the Regular Season will determine their placing.
- The Player with the most points at the end of the Regular Season will be declared the Champion of the Season.
Matches will proceed at the following times:
- League Play starts at 3:00 P.M., 5:00 P.M., or 7:00 P.M. all times are in CST
- Please ensure the integrity of your internet connection before checking in for a Match.
- Check In starts 15 minutes before the scheduled Match time.
- Check in starts at 2:45 P.M. for Matches that take place at 3:00 P.M.
- Once the Player has successfully checked in, the Player must play at that specified time.
- If a Player checks in for the 3:00 P.M. Match start time, they are unable to change to the 5:00 P.M. Match start time.
- Players are only allowed to play one league Match per Game Day.
- If you play your Match at 3:00 P.M., you will be unable to play another league Match until the following Game Day.
- Players are allowed a maximum of a 20 minute break in between Games.
- If a Player is unable to play within 20 minutes of the previous Game, the Player may be subject to a forfeit of the upcoming Game.
- Each Player has 40 minutes from Game start time to report all scores, or the Player will be given a disqualification for that Game.
- Games that start at 3:00 P.M. must be reported by 3:40 P.M.
- Game 2 must start by 4:00 P.M. scores must be reported by 4:40 P.M.
- Each Player is responsible for acquiring a screenshot/photo of the final score after each Game and reporting it to a League Official.
- If a Player does not report a score, their scores will be forfeited for that Game or Match.
- All correspondence between Players, and League Officials will take place on uea.gg
- If Players have any questions that are not addressed on uea.gg, please send us an email at CEL@UEA.gg
Game Rules and Regulations
- 1v1 Match Setup -
- Players will set up a DUOS lobby and invite their opponent.
- The home Player will Host first. Hosting will then alternate until the match is complete.
- Players must host from their geographical location.
- If the player resides in North America - you must choose NA, you cannot choose EU servers.
- Squad Fill is not applicable.
- Players will play (2) two Games. Points are earned by acquiring eliminations:
- 1 Elimination = 1 point.
- Griefing: You may not intentionally cause the death of your opponent or negatively impact your opponent's gameplay. Doing so will result in a forfeit of the Match.
- Including but not limited to - Destroying or weakening opponent Player builds, boxing in your opponent with builds, displacing your opponent with items ie. grenades, builds, weapons.
- Causing your opponent to miss shots or opportunities to advance their score. Be smart, be respectful.
- Opponents are not permitted to work together in any capacity.
- Eliminations made after a Match has concluded will not count.
- A Game is considered concluded once all Players are no longer able to continue playing in the Game.
- If the hosting Player initiates "Pull all party members out of the game" when leaving, the hosting Player may forfeit all eliminations acquired during the Match.
- League Officials highly suggest recording/streaming your gameplay in case you need to verify sabotage or competitive rulings.
- No Shows.
- In the event that a Player does not check in and show up for a scheduled Match, the Player will forfeit half of their league points from the previous week.
- In the event this occurs in week one the Player will remain at zero points and begin gaining points in week two.
- In the event that your opponent does not show for their Match, the squad will proceed with the Match as planned and report their score as normal.
- This requires turning “Squad Fill” off.
- Player Responsibilities.
- It is the responsibility of the players in the Match to detect all Match Rule violations and report them to League Officials immediately.
- It is the responsibility of the players to report their Match and/or score to the League Official within the designated time frame.
- It is the responsibility of the players to report Rule violations at the time they happened. Any late reports will not be judged.
- It is the responsibility of the players to not interfere with a Match in progress. Should a player see an issue in a Match they are not a part of, they are to report it to a League Official.
- League Officials highly suggest recording/streaming your Game play in case you need to verify sabotage.
- League Official Responsibilities.
- It is the responsibility of the League Official to act civil in all disputes.
- It is the responsibility of the League Official to report any rule violations on behalf of a player.
- It is the responsibility of the League Official to be impartial to all judgement.
- General Conduct
- Players may not collude for or against their opponent to present an unfair advantage.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior is not allowed. Friendly banter is at the discretion of each individual player, although we ask that you be understanding of jokes and fun being had.
- Spamming voicelines, sprays, or emote taunting is not allowed.
- Abuse of an exploit to seek an unfair advantage is strictly prohibited. Violators are subject to penalties by League Officials.
- Any Third-Party program that negatively affects the integrity of the Tournament, Program, Stream, Event, Player, and/or Game will be considered Prohibited. This is defined as a program or device that provides an unfair advantage. This is including but not limited to Macro Programs, Turbo Modes or Function, Programmable controllers, or Sequence Mapping.
- Any devices that are permitted or banned in FNPL (Fortnite Pro League) will be permitted or banned in CEL (Community Esports League).
- Finality of Decisions.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules listed are solely decided by League Officials.
- All rules not outlined in the rule book are up to the interpretation of League Officials, who have the discretion to punish based on the severity.
- Rule Changes.
- These rules may be changed at any time to ensure fair play and integrity of the league.