UEA October Skills Competition
UEA October Skills Competition
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
The UEA Skills Challenge powered by Aim Lab (the “Contest”) begins on October 19, 2020 at 9:00 AM EST and ends on October 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Promotion Period”).
- 1. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Contest, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
- 2. Eligibility. The Contest is a skill-based contest open to all individuals, thirteen (13) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active email account and Internet access. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate. All entrants must complete the entry fee payment to be eligible. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer, temporary employment agency or by the Partner during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. How to Enter. You may enter the Contest during the Promotion Period as follows:
- (a) You must register on the UEA website (https://www.uea.gg/c/aimlabskills1020) in order to pay and be eligible to Participate. You will also need to provide your Aim Lab username;
- (b) You can download and access the Aim Lab tool via the Steam marketplace (at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/714010/Aim_Lab/). You can sign up for Steam and download and run the Steam client by visiting the Steam website;
- (c) You will need an Aim lab account to participate in the Contest. You will be prompted to log in or create an account when you open the Aim Lab tool. Log in to your Aim Lab account, click on the “Compete” tab, and choose “UEA GridShot Challenge Powered by Aim Lab” and “UEA SpiderShot Challenge Powered by Aim Lab”
- (d) Select the option in your Aim Lab account settings to publish your gameplay scores to the Game’s leaderboard; and
- (e) Play the Gridshot Ultimate challenge and the Spidershot Precision challenge (the “Game”) during the Promotion Period. You will be able to view current leaderboards on Aim Lab.
You must select the option in your Aim Lab account settings to publish your gameplay scores to the Game’s leaderboard to participate in the Contest. A “Score Submission” is the resulting score from one round of game play of the Game.
Limitation on Entry: Sponsor will accept only one (1) Score Submission per person. While there is no limit on the number of times you may play the Game during the Promotion Period, only your highest Score Submission during the Promotion Period will be entered for the purposes of the Contest and the determination of the winners, subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Participating in the Contest using cheats, automated software (e.g., bots) or like methods of game play is strictly prohibited.
4. Determination of the Winner. The entrants whose Score Submissions earn one of the three highest overall scores as ranked on the Game’s leaderboard will each be a winner of the Contest. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, in its sole discretion, if Sponsor finds evidence or has cause to suspect such entrant of receiving an unfair advantage over other participants (whether by means of external automated software or otherwise). Score accrual will be tracked by Partner’s internal clocks and systems. The decisions of the Sponsor (including but not limited to any calculation or computation by Partner’s systems or the results thereof) will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winners, the winner will be the first person who obtained the highest Score Submission for the relevant ranking at the end of the contest.
5. Prizes and Odds. Prizing will be fulfilled by the Varsity Esports Foundation. Scholarships are defined as monetary assistance for post-secondary education. The Prizes to be awarded from the Contest are as follows:
Winner of the contest (first place overall) will receive $750 USD in scholarships.
Second place overall will receive $450 USD in scholarships.
Third place overall will receive $300 USD in scholarships.
- The odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Allow eight (8) weeks for delivery of prizes.
- 6. Notification of Winners. Winners will be notified by email, at the email address associated with the UEA registration, within three (3) business days of the winner’s selection, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within five (5) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Score Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Score Submission, the Score Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address connected with the Aim Lab account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
- (a) UEA and State Space Labs Inc are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries or Score Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
- (b) IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR PARTNER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED $5.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- 8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold UEA and State Space Labs Inc and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any third party claims made in connection with your game play or Score Submissions, or any representations and warranties made by you in connection with your Submissions; and (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest.
- 9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to you as an entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in UEA and State Space Labs Inc’s newsletters and Sponsor’s and Partner’s homepages at https://statespace.gg, without additional compensation.
- 10. Additional Conditions. Sponsor or Partner reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in Sponsor or Partner’s opinion (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Promotion by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ or Partners’ control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s or Partner’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- 11. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of Kansas, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal and state courts located in Sedgwick County, Kansas.
- 13. Winner’s List, Official Rules. For a list of prize winners, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and the Contest name specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period.
- 14. Sponsor’s Address: 250 N Water St, SUITE #100, Wichita, KS 67212
- 15. Entire Agreement. These Official Rules constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Sponsor and you regarding the Contest, and these Official Rules supersede and replace all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Sponsor and you regarding the Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Official Rules will remain in full force and effect.